Friday, May 20, 2011

Fear Be Gone


Today I am vaguely aware of an unsettled feeling. I dug a little deeper and recognized fear.
I don’t want it to be there, but fear is lurking in my subconscious just below the surface …enough for me to feel the unrest of a simmering soup pot of unwieldy emotions.
Simmering, not boiling.
But something’s cooking.
I guess it’s the unevenness of my life… some stuff doesn’t get done.
Okay...Let’s be honest here. A lot of stuff is right now not getting done.
And I am writing a blog.
And I’m resting, because I’m supposed to be resting or I’ll regret it.
You know, I was the girl who liked getting in every assignment in school, perfecting every grade, cleaning the house, controlling my surroundings.
I know life’s not like that.
Well, maybe someone’s life is like that.
But not mine.
I realize I have chosen anything but control and perfect order.
And usually I thrive on the excitement and level of faith this chaos forces me into.
I usually love that it forces me to rely on Jesus and I get to see miracles.
But I falter when that voice inside starts in with the “who do you think you are?” rhetoric…
And I wonder if my tight-rope walk is more me than Him and if He is really going to come through for me when I am probably even now failing Him.
Again.
Today, God is for me.
Be silent fear.  Love, wash over the imperfections of my life and drown out everything else.
Today, I will trust and not fear.

5 comments:

  1. wow I loved it I agree fear be gone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessings to you, Leah. I love reading what you write. Yes, "Today God is for me....Be silent fear!". Love, Aunt Daurice

    ReplyDelete
  3. "But I falter when that voice inside starts in with the “who do you think you are?” rhetoric…
    And I wonder if my tight-rope walk is more me than Him and if He is really going to come through for me when I am probably even now failing Him.
    Again."

    Ok, Leah, now it sounds like you've stepped inside of my head...(and THAT'S a scary place to be..." LOLOL!

    Thank you for posting on a struggle that more than want to admit wrestle with!

    ...Oh, and I'm so glad I went back in to work for my sunglasses!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Rhea: Me too! Another reminder that God is for me... He sent me you when I needed some support and encouragement! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sound so much like me too :>) MOM

    ReplyDelete